Noun(1) a remark that calls attention to something or someone(2) a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage(3) an official recognition of merit
Verb(1) make reference to(2) make mention of(3) commend
(1) I suggest to listeners who are interested in this debate that they listen to some of the commentators' views, and I will mention three of them briefly.(2) The rarity of such a scene gives it a mildly startling effect here, which I thought was worthy of a mention .(3) she didn't mention his name(4) She made no mention of the challenges faced by the workers exploited by the minimum-wage employers.(5) he received a special mention and a prize of Ôö¼├║100(6) I briefly mention the difficulty of shopping with one eye in bandage.(7) she made no mention of her disastrous trip to Paris(8) He mentioned that prank calls had been received but he made no mention of a death threat.(9) But other plants are equally worthy of a mention .(10) Had Celtic been winning at the time, his error would not have received a mention .(11) In its defense, the book does very briefly mention these events on an earlier page.(12) Also worthy of a mention at this juncture are the two tasty releases I received recently from Hit and Run records featuring the multi genre defying Audio Deluxe.(13) A couple of good character actors caught my eye and are worthy of a mention .(14) That's like trying to talk about the history of free market economics and not mention the name Adam Smith.(15) He named a member to contact in Newry but insisted that the Democrat didn't mention him as the source of the information if that person was contacted.(16) She made no mention of any physical threat to her when she was last arrested in any of her previous statements or interview.
(1) not to mention :: tsis hais
(2) to mention :: hais
(3) honorable mention :: honorable mention
(4) special mention :: tshwj xeeb mention
(5) make mention of :: ua mention ntawm
(6) mention casually :: hais casually
1. reference to ::
2. recommendation ::
kev pom zoo
3. honorable mention ::
4. reference ::
5. citation ::
6. allude to ::
7. state ::
8. recommend ::
pom zoo kom
9. cite ::
10. observe ::
mention, mentioned, mentioning, mentions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You didn't even MENTION it.True.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 6
the this, the that.
Not to MENTION the chemo itself.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
did she MENTION
that Lollys has an older sister?
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
Well, I did MENTION the Mars Rover
incident to that FBI agent...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
The paper made no MENTION of that.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
English to Hmong Dictionary: mention
Meaning and definitions of mention, translation in Hmong
language for mention with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of mention in Hmong and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'mention'
What mention means in Hmong, mention meaning
in Hmong, mention
definition, examples and pronunciation
of mention in Hmong language.