Noun(1) the political orientation of those who favor government by the people or by their elected representatives(2) a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them(3) the doctrine that the numerical majority of an organized group can make decisions binding on the whole group
(1) You were voicing the will of the majority and in a democracy , that makes you right.(2) In previous research, the author conducted a narrative examination of the literature on labor-managed firms to discover the nature of "organization democracy ."(3) In key respects this new politics represents a contest for democracy itself.(4) This is their chance to breathe new life into our system of Parliamentary democracy .(5) Under such conditions, democracy , equality and political rights stood no chance.(6) I want to tell the people in the gallery that they are observers of our parliamentary democracy .(7) We live in the 21st century, the age of democracy and equality of opportunity.(8) Well, that is what happens in a democracy , a majority vote, or there has to be some sort of a voting system.(9) Simple representative democracy in such a plural polity will no longer work.(10) We condemn this decision, and appeal to all those who are on the side of democracy and freedom of the press to take a stand against it.(11) A small majority has to be good for democracy and it will help to ensure fiscal stability.(12) Tocqueville saw the Revolution as the advent of democracy and equality but not of liberty.(13) Representative democracy must mean that those who govern will fairly represent the governed.(14) As in the passage quoted above, he often uses equality of condition as a virtual synonym for democracy .(15) The real world of political economy sets the limits to democracy and equality.(16) Freedom of the press is one of the most important principles of any democracy .
(1) parliamentary democracy :: parliamentary kev cai ywj pheej
(2) direct democracy :: ncaj kev cai ywj pheej
(3) social democracy :: kev cai ywj pheej
(4) participatory democracy :: participatory kev cai ywj pheej
2. republic ::
3. majority rule ::
feem ntau txoj cai
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They gave us science, DEMOCRACY...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 21
This isn’t a nice DEMOCRACY.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
Hey, look. Now, maybe you have DEMOCRACY
now in your beloved Russia...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
Democracy! It's pretty cool, isn't it?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 21
English to Hmong Dictionary: democracy
Meaning and definitions of democracy, translation in Hmong
language for democracy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of democracy in Hmong and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'democracy'
What democracy means in Hmong, democracy meaning
in Hmong, democracy
definition, examples and pronunciation
of democracy in Hmong language.